A- A A+

FAQ - Domestic Violence and Harassment

What if my abuser comes near me or hurts me before the Order of Protection is served?

CALL 9-1-1.  Explain to the dispatcher that there is a Protective Order in place, but the defendant has not been served. If you cannot call the police before the defendant contacts you, report the incident to the police as soon as you are able.

Keep a copy of the petition and the order with you at all times! Any Arizona law enforcement agent may serve the Order of Protection or the Injunction Against Harassment if you can provide a copy of it. This is your proof to law enforcement that a Protective Order has been issued against the defendant.


Protective Order Information

Legal Info Podcast

Protective Order FAQ