AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Civil Cases in Superior Court

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

How do I file for default?

You can file an application for entry of default and 20 days after the other party has been served (30 days if they were served out of state) or 60 days if the service was waived. Fill out your local courts form for application for entry of default and return it to your local clerk of the court. Once the clerk has accepted the application they will make an entry of default. You must send a copy of the application for entry of default to the other individual or individuals and to the attorney for the individual. The entry of default does not take effect for 10 business days after filing the application.
•    Rule 55 of Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure
•    Rule 44 of Arizona Rules of Family Law Procedure