A- A A+

FAQ - Probate

If I serve as a Personal Representative, can I be paid?

Yes.  A Personal Representative is entitled to reasonable compensation for services given.  However, a Personal Representative does not have to take a fee for service.  If the Personal Representative insists on not receiving payment, they may write a not refusing payment from the estate, and file it at the court.  If the Personal Representative agrees to receive pay from the estate, detailed records of all services rendered may help if there is a fee dispute.  Talk to a lawyer for more information.