AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Paternity

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

The father of my child wants to acknowledge paternity. Is there an easy way for him to do this?

Unwed parents may voluntarily acknowledge a child until the child reaches the age of 18. An Acknowledgment of Paternity form (CS-127) is available at the hospital when your child is born. It is also available at the Hospital Paternity Program through DCSS at P.O. Box 40458, Phoenix, AZ 85067, 602-771-8181 (Maricopa County) or 1-800-485-6908 (statewide outside Maricopa County).

Unwed parents who wish to voluntarily acknowledge paternity may also walk into any DCSS office to complete an Affidavit Acknowledging Paternity (AAP) that is filed through HPP if they wish to open a case with DCSS. If they do not want to open a case with DCSS but wish only to establish paternity, the Acknowledgment of Paternity (AOP) form from HPP (CS-127) is available at the DCSS office as well. Both forms are filed through HPP to establish paternity. Find Your Local Child Support Office.

Response provided by the Department of Child Support Services