AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Paternity

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

How do I add the name of the father to the birth certificate?

Adding the name of the father to the birth certificate requires filing an Acknowledgment of Paternity. Acknowledgement of Paternity forms can be found at all birthing hospitals, the Office of Vital Records, the Division of Child Support Services at the Arizona Department of Economic Security offices, and many of the office of the county registrar. You can also work with the courts to file for paternity, custody, and related matters together. These forms are filed at your county Superior Court.


Arizona Paternity forms

Find My Court - Superior Court Locations

Arizona Department of Health Services Vital Records – Corrections and Amendments to Birth Certificates

Division of Child Support ServicesVoluntary Paternity Program

Divorce Forms

Legal Separation Forms

Custody Forms

Child Support Forms