AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Name Change

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

How do I change the name of a minor when the other parent will not sign the request?

When the other parent does not agree with the request to change the name of a minor, you must file a notice of hearing regarding application for change of name. Your local superior court may have forms with instructions available; you can prepare your own application or seek the help of an attorney. The office of the clerk can inform you of the current filing fee, if any.


Name Change Forms

Name Change Requirements

Courts and Civil Proceedings A.R.S. Title 12-601