FAQ - Legal Decision Making and Parenting Time (Custody)

How do I add the name of the father to the birth certificate?

Adding the name of the father to the birth certificate requires filing an Acknowledgment of Paternity. Acknowledgement of Paternity forms can be found at all birthing hospitals, the Office of Vital Records, the Division of Child Support Services at the Arizona Department of Economic Security offices and many of the office of the county registrar. You can also work with the courts to file for voluntary paternity or file for paternity, legal decision-making authority and related matters together. Your court may have a do-it-yourself packet. If not, many courts accept the packet of Maricopa County.
•    Arizona Department of Health Services Vital Records – Corrections & Amendments to Birth Certificates
•    Division of Child Support ServicesVoluntary Paternity Program
•    Maricopa County  To Establish Voluntary Acknowledgement

Court Logo

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | About Us

© , Arizona Bar Foundation | All Rights Reserved

This website has been prepared for general information purposes only. The information on this website is not legal advice. Legal advice is dependent upon the specific circumstances of each situation. Also, the law may vary from state-to-state or county-to-county, so that some information in this website may not be correct for your situation. Finally, the information contained on this website is not guaranteed to be up to date. Therefore, the information contained in this website cannot replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your jurisdiction.