AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Legal Decision Making and Parenting Time (Custody)

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

The other parent of my child is not following our custody decree. How do I make the other parent comply?

To enforce the custody (legal decision making and parenting time) decree, you may file a petition for enforcement, or you may start a contempt proceeding with an order to show cause or order to appear, depending on the situation. The court might have a do-it-yourself packet to enforce the decree that includes instructions and forms. If not, ask if the court accepts the Maricopa County forms. Some courts offer programs, such as counseling, or require additional steps, like mediation.

Forms for enforcing a court order

Rules 91 and Rule 92 of the Arizona Rules of Family Law Procedure

Find My Court