AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Jury Service

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

My jury summons asks if I have been convicted of a felony and if my civil rights have been restored. How do I find out if I was convicted, if it was a misdemeanor or a felony, and how do I know if my civil rights have been restored?

You may check with the records department of the court where you were sentenced to see what the conviction was on the sentencing minute entry or order. Persons are “convicted” when sentenced to a felony or if the charge is left “undesignated.” If the conviction was a first-time felony, and all terms of the sentence are completed (monies paid, probation, etc.) then civil rights and the right to sit on a jury are automatically restored. If the conviction was a second-time felony (or more), you must apply to have civil rights restored. If the sentencing minute entry or order reflects “undesignated felony” (still a felony conviction), the judge has the option to designate the offense a misdemeanor after the party has completed all aspects of the sentence.  If the judge chooses to do this, the judge will mark “misdemeanor” on the bottom of the discharge.  If the judge chooses not to designate the felony a misdemeanor, you may ask the sentencing judge to do this. The discharge can also be found at the records department of the court where the person was sentenced.