AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Guardianship

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

What happens if the parents want to end the guardianship?

If a parent is ready to resume care of their minor, they can ask the Court to end the guardianship.  They would file a Revocation of Parental Consent to Guardianship and Petition to Terminate the Guardianship.  Once the request has been submitted to the Court a hearing will be set, at which time a judge will decide whether to end the guardianship.