AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Domestic Violence and Harassment

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

We are getting a divorce, does this change anything?

If the plaintiff and defendant are in the process of a divorceseparation, or maternity/paternity action the plaintiff will need to file for an Order of Protection in the superior court that is hearing their family law case.

If the plaintiff already filed in a municipal or justice court, they would need to contact that court immediately. That court will transfer the Protective Order case to the superior court that is handling the family court case.