A- A A+

FAQ - Divorce

How do I get a protective order (Order of Protection or Injunction Against Harassment)?

Most protective orders can be filed in any justice court, municipal court, or superior court. However, when there is an active case between persons pending in superior court (family court), the petition must be filed in the superior court under your active case number. The protective order must be served on the other person by a process server or law enforcement officer before it is effective. The order will remain in effect for one year from the date it is served on the other person. If you are seeking an Order of Protection at the Superior Court in Maricopa County, you must go to the Family Violence Prevention Center located at the courthouse.