AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Criminal Charges or Complaints in Court

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

How do I clear my record and get my rights restored?

If you are a first time offender, convicted of a single felony count, you do not need to petition the court for restoration of civil rights. Civil rights are automatically restored upon successful completion of all aspects of sentencing, including payment of all court ordered fines, fees and restitution. These rights include the right to vote, to hold public office, and to serve as a juror. The right to possess firearms is not automatically restored and requires petitioning the sentencing court. The judge will determine whether or not to grant the request. If you served time in prison, 2 years must have passed since the date of absolute discharge before becoming eligible to file for restoration of civil rights. To restore civil rights, the person may apply to the sentencing court to vacate the judgment of guilt, dismiss charges and restore civil rights in Arizona. The Certificate of Absolute Discharge must be included with your application.