AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Civil Cases in Superior Court

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

How do I serve someone with a complaint?

A complaint may be served in four different ways, by:
1.    a sheriff, or deputy of the sheriff,
2.    a constable, or deputy of the constable,
3.    a certified private process server
4.    or by any other person specially appointed by the court.
Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure Rule 4 and 4.1 cover different types of service, including service in other states.
•    Rule 4 of Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure