AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Civil Cases in Limited Jurisdiction Courts

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

I was dating someone and we split up. They have property that belongs to me that they won’t let me have (car, furniture, etc.). How do I get my property back?

If the value of the property is $10,000 or less, you can look at filing a civil case in justice court. If the value of the property is more than $10,000, you can look at filing a civil complaint in superior court. An attorney could tell you if you have other options.