AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Appealing to an Appellate Court

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

How do I appeal a superior court ruling to the court of appeals?

The person wanting to appeal may file a written notice of appeal no later than 30 days after entry of the judgment. The local court can inform the person of the current filing fee, if any. The appellant or cross-appellant must pay the preparation costs when ordering the necessary transcripts from either the court reporter in the superior court or the Electronic Services Office in the superior court if the proceeding was recorded electronically. A person appealing from the entry of a money judgment must deposit a supersedes bond with the superior court if the person wants to prevent the other side from collecting on the judgment until after the appeal is decided.
•    Guide for Self-Represented Appellants and Appellees
•    Rule 6 of Arizona Rules of Appellate Procedure – Civil