AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Child Support

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

Can I get a child support order without getting a legal separation or divorce?

If the persons have never been married, yes. You may file a petition directly with the court; a private attorney may file on your behalf; or the local Division of Child Support Services may help you establish a support order, as well as paternity, if that is an issue in the case. If you are currently married, you will need to contact an attorney or research the Arizona Revised Statutes to determine if child support can be ordered without filing a separation or divorce proceeding in court. For information regarding child support while married, contact the Division of Child Support Services.
•    Arizona Division of Child Support Services