AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

Common reasons for name changes?

1. When a person wants to return to a prior name after a dissolution of marriage (divorce). This type of name change is typically done as part of the divorce, but it can also be done as a separate matter. If you change your name as part of the Dissolution of Marriage (divorce), you need to get a certified copy of the Decree from the Clerk of the Court. You will be able to change your name on your license, social security card and bank account with this certified copy.

2. When a parent wants to change a the name of a child to be the same as the parents.

3. When a person simply may not like the name they have, and wants to establish a new identity.

What forms do I need to change my name as an adult?

1. Petition for Change of Name (also called an Application for Change of Name)
2. Order of Name Change
3. Notice of Hearing Regarding Application for Name Change


Name Change Forms

Frequently Asked Questions on Name Change

Arizona Court Website