AZ Court Help and Arizona courthouse accessibility information           Increase Font Size

A- A A+

FAQ - Calculating Time

Arizona Civil Legal Needs Community Survey

Civil legal organizations in Arizona are seeking your input to increase their ability to meet the civil legal needs of Arizona's lower income residents. Please complete this survey to assist in improving civil legal services in Arizona.

Encuesta de Necesidades Legales Civiles de Arizona

Las organizaciones legales civiles en Arizona buscan su opinión para aumentar su capacidad de satisfacer las necesidades legales civiles de los residentes de bajos ingresos de Arizona. Por favor complete esta encuesta para ayudar a mejorar los servicios legales civiles en Arizona.

Extension of Time

When these rules or a court order require that a person do something by a specified time, including but not limited to filing a document, the court may extend that time period. The court may grant an extension on motion of a person or, if the extension is granted before expiration of the specified time period, on its own and without notice to the individuals involved. After the expiration of the specified time period, the court may grant an extension only if a person files a motion showing that the failure to act before expiration of the time period resulted from the excusable neglect of the person. However, the court may extend the time limits for a motion for judgment as a matter of law under Rule 134(b), a motion for new trial under Rule 138(b), or a motion requesting relief from a judgment or an order under Rule 141(c), only if the court finds that a person entitled to notice of the entry of a judgment or an order did not receive notice from the clerk or from another person within twenty-one (21) days of the date of entry, and that no person would be prejudiced if the court allowed an extension. [ARCP 6(b)]